Recipe: Wholesome Rose & Ashwagandha cookies
Wholesome and heart-warming cookies with rose and stress-reducing Ashwagandha from our Golden Balance blend.
- 100g spelt flour
- 100g almond flour
- 80g coconut sugar
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp crushed/powdered rose petals (use blender)
- 2tsp Golden Balance
- 1 large egg (if vegan use 1tbsp psyllium husk
- 75g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water (optional)
- more rose petals for topping/decoration (optional)
- pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- crush the rose petals or use a blender
- if vegan: blend the psyllium husk with 2tbsp water to cover them for 5min.
- blend the dry ingredients together
- blend the coconut oil with the psyllium husk seeds or with the egg.
- blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- if it feels too dry, add a couple of tbsp luke-warm water
- create small balls and push them down slightly on baking paper with enough space between them to expand
- place in the oven for 10min.
- remove from oven, they will still feel slightly soft but let them cool down before eating.
Recipe by Zoe Lind van't Hof