Saffron Coconut Lassi
"This recipe is inspired by the countless lassi’s I've enjoyed during my visits to India — known to have a cooling effect and aiding digestion, this creamy tangy drink is perfect for a hot summer’s day.
Using coconut yogurt as a plant based alternative and adding the fragrance, vibrancy and health benefits of saffron — this lassi is so simple and quick to make!" - Rocio Graves
Ingredients: (2 medium glass servings or one big bigger serving)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 2 TBSP of raw honey (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 10 saffron strands
- 2 TBSP boiling water
1. Start by infusing the saffron strands in two tablespoons of freshly boiled water in a small bowl; simply pour the water over the saffron strands and leave to infuse for ten minutes.
2. In a high speed blender, pour the coconut yogurt, saffron infused water (with the saffron strands), the two tablespoons of honey, the salt and the half a cup of water. Blend on high for 30 seconds and serve!
* suggested garnish for beauty— homemade chocolate bark, toasted pumpkin seeds and rose petals :), but the recipe is delicious on it’s own!
Recipe and photography by Rocio Graves for Wunder Workshop.