Golden Balance: Alex Head, Founder of Social Pantry
With a dedicated team of experienced chefs, event planners + waiting staff, Social Pantry has become the go-to London caterer for bespoke events, weddings and parties. We caught up with founder Alex to chat all things golden when it comes to mind, body and soul food.
- How do you find your daily source of golden balance?
Throughout the winter I was loving a turmeric latte, it gave me the gentle, warming boost I needed in the morning, this along with plenty of fresh mint and ginger tea is key to my routine.
- How important is self-care to you, and do you often implement it into your regular rituals?
It is really important, but like anyone I am sure, it is the first thing to go when I get busy. I swim 2 or 3 times a week and do yoga twice a week which gives helps keep me balanced. An evening in by myself is also crucial to keeping on top of everything and getting a moment to relax with my own thoughts.
- Share with us a quote that gives you daily inspiration.
“The best people love to eat” - Julia Childs
- We know nourishment from the inside out is fundamental to you. How do you practice this every day?
I’m big juice fan. I have one juice a day, which seems to fight off all sorts of colds in the winter. I have invested in the company PRESS as they’re doing great things and I love their juice. A daily juice at the start of the day, lots of fresh, seasonal and delicious food during the day and a fresh mint tea at the end of the day keep me balanced.
- What are some of your favourite ways to wind down?
I love a bubble bath! This plus a wine or calming tea depending on the mood for me is the perfect way to end the day and something I often look forward to on busy days.
- Ingredients-wise, what are your three non-negotiables in the kitchen?
- Fresh mint – in your tea, salad, water…
- Grains – I have a selection of them in my larder, I love mixing them through delicious fresh salads.
- Seeds – I am known for adding seeds to everything!
- Now tell us, do you have a guilty pleasure?
Oh goodness… dark chocolate. Anything dark and fair trade normally wins.
- What is your favourite way to use turmeric, be it in your beauty regime or recipes?
Adding a pinch of turmeric to your scrambled eggs is a winner….
- Matcha or turmeric latte?
Being an independent café owner I would recommend both but when ordering for myself, I always go turmeric.