With the success of the Golden Mylk Nice Cream recipe and continuing good weather, we have made more time for ice cream experimentation in the Wunder kitchen.
This recipe is simple but will need some attention to make sure the texture comes out smooth and soft (unless you have an ice cream machine in which case it is really easy!).
Ingredients (serves 12 - 1 litre tub):
- 300g Golden Mylk Classic
- 550ml warm water
- 50g raw cane sugar / coconut blossom nectar
- 4 cardamom pods, shelled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
N.B: For best results use an ice-cream blender, however, if you don't have one that's no problem - you can still create a creamy texture using a metal bowl which has been allowed to get cold in the freezer before starting.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender/food processor and blend continuously, starting slow and gradually increasing the speed.
- Allow the mixture to cool as much as possible, stirring gently before pouring the mixture into your pre-cooled metal bowl.
- Place this in the freezer, making sure that it is carefully sealed!
- Every 2 hours, open the freezer and give the mixture a stir, this will ensure the mixture doesn't just turn into a big block of golden ice. Repeat this 4 times.
- Once fully frozen it is ready to eat!