This vegan golden sunshine cake is one of our favourites, it's perfect for special occasions, and for turmeric lovers like us!
When buying ingredients (especially nuts!) we prefer to only use organic, which does make this cake expensive, but that's why we like to keep it for special occasions. Conventionally farmed nuts have a negative impact on the soil and pollinators, not to forget the consumption of pesticides itself.
What's more, the flavour is so much more powerful and makes this super easy recipe absolutely delicious.
For the base:
- 110g organic cashews
- 60g organic walnuts
- 120g organic pitted dates
- 3cm organic raw ginger (peeled and cut into small chunks)
For the top:
- 320g organic cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours, overnight is best)
- 200g organic virgin coconut oil
- 200g coconut blossom syrup (you can use any sweetener of preference).
- 2 tbsp Golden Mylk® blend (or 2 tsp Golden Turmeric Chai blend)
- seeds from 12 cardamom pods
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Flowers to decorate, or edible flowers
Prepare a cake tin. For the base, blend all the ingredients roughly and until combined well. Press into the tin.
For the topping, blend the cashews until smooth, add the rest and blend until it's all combined well and as smooth as possible. Pour on top of the base. Place the tin in the fridge overnight to solidify and retain its shape. To serve, sprinkle the desiccated coconut on top and decorate with flowers.