- Tell us a little about your journey.
I used to work as an advertising photographers agent in London. After a few years, I just decided it wasn't for me. I saved up for a year and then did a little travelling and ended up driving to Florence, Italy. Here I did a jewellery making/design course. I had done a couple of evening courses at St Martin's in London while I had been working and a little bit of silversmithing when I was at school. From there I haven't looked back.
- How do you find your daily source of golden balance?
Firstly I try and meditate every day for at least 10 minutes. I start my day either with a tumeric blend or a coffee. I make sure I take the time to sit down have a big bowl of porridge and plan my day. I also try and keep exercise in my life. I go to Yoga and go for runs and cycle all around London. Sometimes I also go for a dip in Hampstead Heath ponds. For me, I have to be on the move. I'm not good at sitting still all day, so I am lucky that my job constantly has me running all over the place! Ideally, and hopefully in the future a morning sunrise surf will be part of my daily routine.
- How important is self-care to you, and do you often implement it into your regular rituals?
I think it is really important. A healthy mind and body mean a happy life. I try and eat well, exercise and take time to spend on my own and with friends. I try and do a clay facemask at least once a week too.
- What element of your work is most lighting you up at the moment?
I've got some really fun projects coming up in Sri Lanka in the new year!!
- Share with us a quote that gives you daily inspiration.
I always hear quotes that push me on but if I am honest I am terrible at remembering them.. usually, my friends are the most inspiring to me.
- How do you practice nourishment every day?
I try to nourish my mind and body with good food, good exercise, good people.
- What are some of your favourite ways to wind down?
I love to do yoga this always helps to reset me or to go for a dip in water - ideally the sea for a swim or a surf. If I am in London a nice dinner with friends is also great.
- Ingredients-wise, what are your three non-negotiables in the kitchen?
Brown rice, avocado, nut butter, a little random haha. And if I could have another, tacos and endless fruit and veg.
- Now tell us, do you have a guilty pleasure?
Um if your talking in terms of food there are these amazing brownies which if I make I usually scoff the whole lot! They are literally coconut oil, dates, cacao and x2 eggs and they are sooooo good!
- What one quote do you try to live your life by?
Again I’m not so good with quotes, there are so many, but an old friend showed me this one by Edward Abbey and its always stuck in my mind ' May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.'
- Matcha or turmeric latte?
I like both but turmeric latte with oat milk and turmeric honey YUM.