As creative director for a brand that wants its users to feel nothing short of amazing, Nitsa Citrine is as inspiring in her spiritual approach to life, as her love for herbs like us. Sun Potion is home to many medicinal plants, tonic herbs + superfoods crafted with a view to improving overall wellbeing, health + happiness. Nitsa is the epitome of golden and today she shares what keeps her balanced on the daily.
- How do you find your daily source of golden balance?
Tuning into a sense of gratitude for every moment I am here on the planet.
- How important is self-care to you, and do you often implement it into your regular rituals?
Self-care is a priority for me.
I truly feel that in order to make positive shifts in the outer world, we must tend to the inner.
I implement self-care into my daily life through vibrant, nutrient-dense foods, surrounding myself with beautiful music, art and friendship whenever possible, as well as taking time for quiet and solitude. I love silent mornings.
- Share with us a quote that gives you daily inspiration.
“Love is a clash of lightnings.”
― Pablo Neruda
- We know nourishment from the inside out is fundamental to you. How do you practice this every day?
Daily living tea meditation + adaptogenic herbal tonics!
- What are some of your favourite ways to wind down?
I love to finish my workday with a solid half hour + in my infrared sauna
-Or, slightly less detoxifying - a glass of biodynamic wine.
- Ingredients-wise, what are your three non-negotiables in the kitchen?
Organic, local and/or wild harvested ingredients (absolutely no GMOs!!!)
Minimally processed, if at all (ie. only whole, living foods, or if processed it is fermented, stone ground, or intelligently extracted to the most bioavailable form - our 10:1 cold water extract of he shou wu, for instance)
Sharp Japanese knives! (can't stand a dull knife, kills me)
- Now tell us, do you have a guilty pleasure?
Ordering room service and not leaving my hotel for as long as possible
- What is your favourite way to use turmeric, be it in your beauty regime or recipes?
I put turmeric in everything - in my elixirs, shakes, food, salad dressings... sometimes even DIY face masks!
- Matcha or turmeric latte?
Impossible decision! Matcha and Turmeric are the two loves of my life!!