Trish Whelan, Founder of Soul Adventures Kundalini Retreats
We here at Wunder are huge believers in the endless power of Kundalini yoga to instil peace in body + mind, and so were delighted to sit down with Trish Whelan, founder of Soul Adventures Kundalini Yoga Retreats. She shares the healing abilities of Kundalini, as well as daily practices to keep glowing through the winter and beyond.
- How do you find your daily source of golden balance?
I get on the yoga mat every day, even if it's just for three minutes. I check in and I listen to my soul through my breath and that reminds me that my soul is in my body and I AM HERE.
- How important is self-care to you, and do you often implement it into your regular rituals?
I absolutely feel like self care is actually the number one most important duty.
It's a duty because we must honour ourselves.
It's not Chanel, its not Gucci, it's just time given in energy to ourselves that allows us TO CONNECT.
- What element of your work is most lighting you up at the moment?
Now we are in the winter I have so much more time for self practice and within kundalini yoga there are literally thousands of different kriyas (sets of exercises that make up a class), so I have time to start to practice new kriyas, to try new mediations, to sit with myself and to replenish. The ability of kundalini yoga to replenish is literally endless and it lights me up every day.
- Share with us a quote that gives you daily inspiration.
I AM WHO I AM AND IT'S OK.
- How do you practice nourishment every day?
In these colder months I see the sunrise every morning over the mountain and I see the sun set every evening from my terrace. I feel so nourished by the nature that I am sooo deep in here. It's insane how beautiful Ibiza is in winter and I just lap it up and every day. I take my little familiar Snoop my Yorkshire Terrier down to the beach and up on the rocks and I THANK GOD.
- What are some of your favourite ways to wind down?
I love to listen to music and I love a bit of comedy.
I love to laugh!
- Ingredients-wise, what are your three non-negotiables in the kitchen?
I love garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Now tell us, do you have a guilty pleasure?
I LOVE CAKE and I love coffee.
- Matcha or turmeric latte?
Definitely a turmeric latte but I've got to say coffee is my favourite