Adaptogen Brownies with Chaga & Golden Shrooms
To change things up a little we have created this indulgent recipe to enjoy alongside your favourite golden cup during those cosy afternoons. We combined our favourite mushroom products Superior Chaga and Golden Shrooms, with hearty sweet potatoes, dates and banana.
Ingredients:Brownies (16 squares):
- 400g Sweet potato - peeled
- 200g soft dates
- 1 very ripe banana
- 100g ground almonds/almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 80g rolled oats
- 3tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp Superior Chaga
- 1tsp Golden Shrooms
- 1tbsp cacao nibs
- 2tsp baking powder
- 70g smooth almond butter
- 3tbsp date syrup
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 1tbsp Turmeric Honey
- 4tbsp oat milk
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top at the end
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks and boil them for 10min until soft. Remove from water.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 min and drain them.
- Mash the banana and hand blend well with the sweet potato and dates.
Pre-heat the oven at 175degrees and prepare a small baking tray with baking paper (approximately 25 x 25cm).
- Add the almond flour, coconut oil, oats, cacao powder, Superior Chaga and Golden Shrooms, to the above ingredients and blend in a food processor until smooth. Finally, stir in the baking powder and cacao nibs.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and smooth it out, put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before placing it in the fridge to cool for approximately 30min.
For the topping add all the ingredients together and make a smooth paste (add more oat milk if needs to be more smooth). Spread on top of the brownies and leave in the fridge.
Optional: when serving add more Turmeric Honey and sprinkle cinnamon on top.